In this episode, I continue with how to prepare, plan and execute a plan that will cause an ever increasing life. In this episode, I focus on the mental life. Watch the previous episode here where I talk about why following this plan will lead to increase.
Where am I now?
- Books: how many books do I read a month (not novels)?
- Audio: how many sermons or motivational audio do I listen to a week?
- Meditation: how many hours do you meditate a day?
- Vision Board: how many times do you think of your goals a day?
The Art of Meditation
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7
If you can take your mind to your future and teach your mind to go into the future, you will soon live in your future.
These are the different types of things we can meditate on. You can pick a day to meditate on each
- Meditate on good things going on in your life, Philippians 4:8
- Meditate on the word of God, Joshua 1:8
- Meditate on prophetic words spoken, 1 Timothy 4:14-15
- Meditate on the Lord himself, Psalm 63:6. In meditating on the Lord, focus on who He is i.e. focus on the different names of God. Click here and here to see some,
- Meditate on the works of God, Psalm 143:5, Psalms 77:10-12
Where do I want to be next year?
- Books: how many books do I want to read a week (not novels)?
- Meditation: how many hours do I want to meditate a day?
- Audio: how many sermons do I want to listen to a week?
- Vision Board: Where am I going to print my vision board and paste them? by bed, learning desk, bathroom etc.
Why do I want to be there?
Write down the 4 whys
Are they Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound goals
Who is my accountability partner?
Proverbs 27:17, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12