It is important to work hard to maintain a good quality physical life. That is our next topic in these series. People usually say chase what you want. But, the truth is that, it is who you are becoming that attracts what must come to you. This is how God has designed our lives.
God has planned our lives in such a way that we attract those things we desire. So, the question is how do you become a type of person who attracts those things other are chasing after?
God outlined this in Matthew 6:33:
“Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well.”Matthew 6:33 NCV
This scripture is saying that instead of seeking other things, seek God. This is because God did not make us to go after things. Rather, He plans to give us these things. Therefore, it is a mistake to go after things that God wants to give to us. As you journey into God, all those blessings you’re chasing after will be yours.
Do not strive to get something God has not given you. Rather, seek transformation and become the kind of person that gets whatever you would have otherwise gone after.
Let us go on to discuss the next area of life: The Physical Life.
It is important to have health goals because the longevity of your assignment depends on your body.
Where am I now?
You always need to know where you are now if you’re going to set your goals about your physical life. So, let us consider the main areas of concern.
- Food: What type of food do you eat and when is the last time you eat every day?
- Health: How often did I see my doctor for general checkup?
- Exercise: how many hours of exercise do you do in a week? or how many miles do you walk now? how many pushups
Where do I want to be this year?
- Food: When is your deadline to eat everyday? What type of food are you eating? Determine not to eat heavy after 7pm.
- Health: how often do I want to see my doctor for general checkup? I recommend seeing your doctor quarterly. Remember that what you eat also affects you.
- Exercise: how many hours of exercise a week? or how many miles do you walk now? how many pushups?
Why do I want to be there?
Write down the 4 whys. This is because the Why helps you to be really sure that it is the goal you want.
Are your goals SMART?
Are they Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound goals?
Who is my accountability partner?
Proverbs 27:17, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
You need to have someone who will make sure you are doing what you have set out to do. It is possible not to follow through with your plans when you are doing it on your own. So, have someone who will be there to motivate and push you to do as you have planned.
Remember that there are 6 engines in your life and one must not suffer or excel at the expense of another. So, these series are meant to help you strike a balance in all six areas of your life.
Catch up with the other lessons in this series here:
Do you want to know the secret to managing your time so well that you double your productivity? Click on the image below to know more.